2-day training on EU instruments: European Funding for Research, Innovation and Competitiveness
2-day training on EU instruments available for funding of research, innovation and competitiveness as well as on the legal issues ensuring compliance with EU rules. The training will be held in Brussels on February 11 & 12, 2015. Funding of research, development and innovation (R&D&I) is one of the key objectives of the programming period 2014-20. All Member States are encouraged by the European Commission to invest in this sector. Additionally, various new funding instruments are being introduced. The seminar is tailored to officials implementing and advising on various funding for innovative growth.
This 2-day training will give you a comprehensive overview on the different funding sources for R&D&I , on the corresponding legal issues, and best practice examples.
Day 1 will provide you with an update on European Funding possibilities and advice on how to comply with EU State aid rules in this sector.
Day 2 will help to ensure compliance with applicable public procurement and audit requirements. The training will end with national best practice rounds from Member States on smart specialisation.
• Innovation as an objective of the Cohesion Policy 2014-2020 - The provisions of the ESIF regulation
• Public procurement of ESI funded projects
• State aid rules applying to the R&D&I sector, including the new GBER
• Horizon2020 and other EU programmes directly managed by the Commission - in particular COSME and access to finance for SMEs
• Financial Instruments within ESIF for R&D&I sector
• Public-private partnerships
• Smart Specialisation Strategy - Best Practice Presentation
You will be actively involved in this hands-on training. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies, best practices and discussion on practical problems.
You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States and research institutes.
Do you want to be sure that our experts will cover the topics you’re most interested in? Just send us your cases and questions in advance. We will forward them to our speakers who will include your issues the programme and answer them during the training.
All information concerning your problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Who should attend?
Officials and experts implementing and advising on the various funding opportunities for smart growth as well as beneficiaries from:
- Managing Authorities and Intermediate bodies involved in programmes for R&D&I
- National Agencies for Research, Innovation, Development and Competitiveness
- Ministries of Education, Science, Research and Economy
- Business Angels and other bodies supporting SMEs and innovative start-ups
- Consultants and lawyers advising the research and innovation sector
- National, Regional and Local Development Agencies
- Development banks and holding funds of financial instruments investing in the sector
- Research Institutes and other beneficiaries
- Technological Parks, Clusters and Research cooperations
Benefits of Attending
- Receive first-hand advice on the ESIF regulation.
- Improve your knowledge about the various financial instruments and risk capital investments.
- Learn best practices from various member states and bodies.
- Network with possible partners from national agencies, research institutes and private companies.
- Receive advice on legal requirements of the State aid regime and remain on top of the legal changes such as the new GBER.
- Exchange your experience in best practice rounds with experts from other Member States.
- Become acquainted with public procurement procedures applicable to EU funded projects.
- Improve your ability to help Europe remain one of the most innovative hubs in the world!