Investment Law 3908/2011 - Regional Cohesion Status
Regional cohesion status supports investment plans of new and existing businesses that take advantage of local competitive advantages, face local and regional problems with environmentally sustainable technological applications, introduce energy-saving technologies and utilize water resources and contribute to environmentally friendly reconstruction, regeneration and development of areas of economic activity.
Within the scheme all sets of incentives are provided. Specifically:
- Paid grant and/or leasing subsidy 70% of the amount shown in the table of aids for existing enterprises.
- Paid grant and/or leasing subsidy 80% of the amount shown in the table of aids to new enterprises.
- The remaining percentage, 30% and 20% respectively, up to the limit quoted in the table shall be made up by aid in the form of tax relief.
The distribution of resources of the second period for the status of regional cohesion includes unused amounts of phase one (A), taking into account existing differences in levels of development of the regions, population size, the impact of the crisis at regional level, the absorption of A cycle funds and the orientation of investment in relation to the size of investment plans. The distribution, in the Greek territory, is as follows:
Total of Region
Eastern Macedonia - Thrace
Sterea Ellada (mainland)
The minimum value of investment required for the status of Regional Cohesion:
- For large enterprises an investment of at least €1,000,000 euros
- For medium-sized enterprises minimum investment of 500,000 Euros
- For small enterprises an investment of at least €300,000 Euros.
- For micro enterprises an investment of at least €200,000 Euros.
Law 3908/2011 is for Natural and Legal entities that have engaged or wish to engage in a range of fields and market sectors throughout Greece.
Eligible investment activities include the following:
Primary sector (not including EU exceptions):
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Manufacture, not including non-eligible KAD 2008 referred to the exceptions
- Energy production, not including photovoltaic systems
- Seawater or brackish water desalination.
Tertiary sector (not including EU exceptions):
- 3 star hotels or more, not including excluded areas from JMD
- Health tourism units
- Telecommunications (Broadband infrastructure and services)
- Software Development
- Investments in high tech.
- All Businesses
- All Business Types
- All Business Statuses
- All Business Sizes