Investment Law 3908/2011: General Entrepreneurship Status
General entrepreneurship statusof the new Investment Law supports investment plans of new and existing businesses with the incentive of tax relief. Businesses that fall under the General Entrepreneurship status are exempted from payment of income tax on pre-tax profits after the completion and start of the productive operation of the investment. Existing businesses are benefited by the tax relief incentive for 8 years, whereas new businesses for 10 years. The amount of tax relief shall be reported as an untaxed reserve in a special account in the books of the enterprise.
The minimum value of investment required for the status of General Entrepreneurship:
- For large enterprises an investment of at least €500,000 Euros
- For medium-sized enterprises minimum investment of 250,000 Euros
- For small enterprises an investment of at least €150,000 Euros.
- For micro enterprises an investment of at least €100,000 Euros.
Law 3908/2011 is for Natural and Legal entities that have engaged or wish to engage in a range of fields and market sectors throughout Greece.
Eligible investment activities include the following:
Primary sector (not including EU exceptions):
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Manufacture, not including non-eligible KAD 2008 referred to the exceptions
- Energy production, not including photovoltaic systems
- Seawater or brackish water desalination.
Tertiary sector (not including EU exceptions):
- 3 star hotels or more, not including excluded areas from JMD
- Health tourism units
- Telecommunications (Broadband infrastructure and services)
- Software Development
- Investments in high tech.
- All Businesses
- All Business Types
- All Business Statuses
- All Business Sizes