Start Tel Aviv Competition 2016 in Greece
The Embassy of Israel in Greece and Industry Disruptors – Game Changers (ID-GC), a Greek organization established with the vision of creating an ecosystem that fosters and promotes innovative entrepreneurship, are glad to organize and announce a competition-event tailored for Greek start-uppers the “Start Tel Aviv 2016” taking place on 15 June 2016.
The winner from Greece will participate in a five day professional international start up seminar in Israel, DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival, which will take place on 25-29 September 2016. The winner will take part in a startup seminar that has been especially tailored for them, together with 30 winners from local competitions in selected countries from across the globe. They will have the amazing opportunity to learn from the startup ecosystem in Tel Aviv, Israel.
What are we looking for?
- Greek startups from the fields of ICT, particularly in IOT, web, and mobile technology in early seed funding stage.
- The team representatives must be aged 25-35 years old (exceptions are made).
- The team must have a prototype to present and to have proven itself already.
- The participants have to be one of the founders and/or directors of the company (not an employee).
- Entrepreneurial, innovative and media attractive companies.
- An independent (not a subsidiary of a large and established) company.
- Winner must speak English.
- Being that this year’s DLD Innovation Festival highlights women entrepreneurship, we strongly encourage women entrepreneurs to participate.
How do you apply?
- Fill out the application form, in English here.
- Note that only one founding member of a start-up company may submit the company to the competition.
- The prize will be given to the representative who entered the competition.
Don’t miss the deadline!
- Applications must be submitted by Friday May 20, 2016 at midnight (Athens local time).
- We will announce the selected candidates for the pitching competition on June 6, 2016 personally and on our social media channels.
Who will evaluate you?
- The jury will consist of professionals, investors and entrepreneurs both from Greece and Israel.
When is the competition?
- June 15th 2016 is the date of the “Start Tel Aviv 2016” competition. The venue will soon be announced.
What’s the prize?
- The winner goes to Tel Aviv, Israel!
- The prize is a one-week all expenses paid trip for winners from selected countries around the world. They will participate in lectures, workshops and meetings in a tailor-made 5 day seminar for them at the DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival.
What is the DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival?
- It is Israel’s largest international high- tech gathering, featuring hundreds of startups, VCs, angel investors and leading multinationals.
- It is the best place to network with the entire high tech community. It is headed by the Israeli entrepreneur Mr. Yossi Vardi.
- You can meet the coolest and smartest companies, investors, designers, techies, artists, from Israel and abroad.
- Further information about the DLD program can be found at www.dldtelaviv.com
What else do you need to know?
- Participants must be able to arrive in Israel no later than the evening of 24 September 2016 and leave no earlier than evening of 29 September 2016. If the winner cannot follow this schedule, the prize will be given to the runner-up.
- It is mandatory for the winner to follow the special 5-day program and seminar that has been designed for them. Failure to do so will result in loss of privileges and will require reimbursement of all expenses by the winner.
- If other members of the winning start-up would like to join you at the DLD Festival, their participation costs will be waived. They will have to bear all other costs and expenses.
- The three runners-up will be able to participate in the program for free as well (participation charges will be waived for them) but they will have to bear all other costs and expenses.
- The steering committee of Start Tel-Aviv and the competition reserve the right to make the final decision.