Start Tel Aviv Competition 2015 in Greece
The Embassy of Israel in Greece and Industry Disruptors – Game Changers (ID-GC), a Greek organization established with the vision of creating an ecosystem that fosters and promotes innovative entrepreneurship, are glad to organize and announce a competition-event tailored for Greek start-uppers the “Start Tel Aviv 2015” taking place on 30 June 2015 at Hub For Innovation And Entrepreneurship of Technopolis City of Athens- INNOVATHENS.
The winner from Greece will participate in a five day professional international Start Up Seminar in Israel (DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival) that will take place on 5-11 September, 2015 and will have the amazing opportunity to learn from the startup ecosystem in Tel Aviv, Israel.
What are we looking for?
- Greek startups from the fields of ICT, web-mobile, technology in early seed funding stage.
- The team representatives must be aged 25-35 years old (exceptions are made).
- The team must have a prototype to present and to have proven itself already.
- The participants have to be one of the founders and/or directors of the company (not an employee).
- Entrepreneurial, innovative and media attractive companies.
- An independent (not a subsidiary of a large and established) company.
- Winner must speak English.
How do you apply?
- Note that only one founding member of a start-up company may submit the company to the competition.
- The prize will be given to the representative who entered the competition.
Don’t miss the deadline!
- Applications must be submitted by Friday June 5th 2015 at midnight (Athens local time).
- We will announce the selected candidates for the pitching competition on June 23rd 2015 personally and on our social media channels.
Who will evaluate you?
- The jury will consist of professionals, investors and entrepreneurs both from Greece and Israel.
When is the competition?
- June 30th 2015 is the date of the “Start Tel Aviv 2015” competition at HUB FOR INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP OF TECHNOPOLIS CITY OF ATHENS- INNOVATHENS where the winner will be chosen.
What’s the prize?
- The winner goes to Tel Aviv, Israel!
- The prize is a one-week all expenses paid trip for winners from selected countries around the world. They will participate in lectures, workshops and meetings in a tailor-made program for them at the DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival.
What is the DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival?
- It is Israel’s largest international high- tech gathering, featuring hundreds of startups, VCs, angel investors and leading multinationals.
- It is the best place to network with the entire high tech community. It is headed by Israeli entrepreneur Mr. Yossi Vardi.
- You can meet the coolest and smartest companies, investors, designers, techies, artists, from Israel and abroad.
- Further information about the DLD program can be found at www.dldtelaviv.com
What else do you need to know?
- Participants must be able to arrive in Israel no later than the evening of 5 September, 2015 and leave no earlier than evening of 10 September. If the winner cannot follow this schedule, the prize will be given to the runner-up.
- If other members of the winning start-up would like to join you at the DLD Festival, their participation costs will be waived. They will have to bear all other costs and expenses.
- The three runners-up will be able to participate in the program for free as well (participation charges will be waived for them) but they will have to bear all other costs and expenses.
- The steering committee of Start Tel-Aviv and the competition reserve the right to make the final decision.