Rome Roadshow, run by Startup Europe project TWIST. Applications-16.01.2017
At this Rome Roadshow, run by Startup Europe project TWIST, startups will have the chance to pitch in front to an audience of experts, as well as win the chance to participate in ‘Bio in Italy’ and pitch to important and specialized investors.
The Rome Roadshow will be held at: Intesa Sanpaolo, via del Corso, 226, on January 18th!
Here is some information on Bio in Italy:
BioInItaly Investment Forum & Intesa Sanpaolo StartUp Initiative is a yearly investment forum open to established companies, start-ups and research projects from Italy and other European countries. In a unique end-to-end program, the applicants will benefit from coaching, networking and direct contact with international investors through a series of focused events. The initiative is aimed to provide the applicants with the competences, connections and access to potential investors they need to go to market and scale.
The program will feature two parallel tracks, dedicated respectively to Red Biotech (life sciences, diagnostics, drug discovery, drug delivery, therapy and treatment) and Green & White Biotech (biotech for environment and agriculture, biotech for industrial applications, biomaterials and biofuels, marine biotech).
BioInItaly Investment Forum & Intesa Sanpaolo StartUp Initiative is designed as a three-phase investment arena:
- Phase 1 – Scouting and Screening: participants are invited to submit their ideas and proposals. At the end of Phase 1, the BioInItaly selection committees for Red Biotech and Green & White Biotech will pick a maximum of 20 applicants who will proceed to Phase 2.
- Phase 2 – Training, selection and Investor Arena Meeting: the selected participants will attend a two-day Boot Camp session in Milan. The session will allow participants to benefit from extensive training to refine their business plans and craft presentations aimed specifically at the investor arena. This unique program will run in cooperation with the startup advisory know-how developed in Intesa Sanpaolo and its experienced Californian investor Bill Barber. At the end of Phase 2 the participants will pitch to a panel of investors, technology experts and industry representatives, who will select up to 8 finalists to present at a public Investor Arena Meeting, to be held in Milan on March 29-30, 2017.
- Phase 3 – International Roadshow: following the Investment Forum, the most promising finalists with global ambitions will be given the opportunity to pitch at international arenas throughout Europe, organized by the Intesa Sanpaolo StartUp Initiative and its network of partners. These unique networking events will provide contestants with the opportunity to pitch to an audience of top investors and receive detailed feedback after each meeting.
Applicants wishing to take part in this initiative must meet the following requirements:
- Contestants must present a company or project that fits within the target biotech and nanobiotech tracks of Red Biotech and Green & White Biotech. It is not required for the applicants’ project to refer to an incorporated company.
- International applications are welcome – please be aware that at least 50% of the projects admitted to Phase 2 must be Italian or planning to open up a main office in Italy within 2017.
- Contestants must indicate their fund raising objectives and financial needs (the typical equity ask range for our investment forums is between € 200K and € 3M)
- Participants from previous editions will be considered only if they can demonstrate a significant evolution in their business plan or market validation.