Idea Competition for women by WeHubs
The Ideas Competition by WeHubs, is showcasing female creativity in software design and web services, and promoting and rewarding the best apps or software developed by girls and women all around Europe.
What do we want from you?
We are on the look-out for the most innovative ideas for software applications for the web and other mobile devices. An indication of just some of the topics we are looking at are:
- E-learning & education
- Smart work
- Smart mobility
- Leisure & socialisation
- Gender based violence and harassment prevention and/or contrast.
Who can apply?
Individuals (women) or Teams (mixed teams with a majority of women) from EU and EFTA countries and Lebanon.
Log on to the WeHubs website, and fill in the application form and send it back to us! The call is open until 17 September 2016 so make sure you put your application in before you go off to enjoy the summer!
What do you get?
The three best ideas will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the WeHubs Final Event in November, where they will get a chance to pitch for the audience and showcase their idea. The overall winner will be selected and receive a full one-to-one mentoring session with an industry expert (details below!), to get their idea off the ground! A special mention will be given as well to the best ideas submitted by students.
So, do you think you have what it takes to launch the next big female-owned business of tomorrow?
You know the drill: show us you have a highly innovative idea for software applications for the web and other mobile devices and get the chance to come to Brussels and pitch your product! You will benefit from all the media exposure, unparalleled networking opportunities and the possibility to start your very own web business!
If you have any questions about your application you can contact email@example.com or just drop us a question @wehubs on Twitter. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to be the Sharyl Sandberg of tomorrow!
Rules and Guidelines
The WeHubs project, funded by the European Commission, seeks to provide strong support to women web entrepreneurs in Europe and increase their participation in web enterprises by encouraging the existing business support ecosystems to collaborate with each other and provide better and dedicated support to female web entrepreneurs.
WeHubs is the first European community connecting business ecosystems and providing them with mentoring tools and other resources to support women entrepreneurs in the digital sector.
The Ideas Competition by WeHubs is showcasing female creativity and talent in software design and web services, and rewarding the best apps or software developed by girls and women all around Europe.
WeHubs is encouraging girls and women to prove their talents and engage in a technology career, to ultimately launch the female owned web businesses of tomorrow.
WeHubs is warmly inviting students, aged between 18 and 27, (individuals or in team) to apply as well: a special mention is foreseen for the best ideas submitted by students.
- Timing: 17/05/2016 – 17/09/2016, 17h00 CET
- Eligible applicants: Individuals (women) & Teams (mixed teams, with a majority of women).
- Eligible countries: competition is open to citizens and participants from Europe and Lebanon.
- Application form: applicants will be required to fill an application form in PDF format and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 finalists will be selected and 1 overall winner will be chosen by the 1st of October.
- The Jury will be set up with the support and advice from the WeHubs High Level Advisory Board and consist of business start-up experts and entrepreneurs, such as the representative of Startup Europe Advisors.
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of:
- Innovation potential (30%)
- Business potential (30%)
- Social impact potential (20%)
- Technology readiness (20%)
WeHubs Ideas Award:
The 3 finalists will receive:
- All expenses paid trip to Brussels to attend the award ceremony
- Pitch presentation training
- Publicity on the WeHubs website
1 overall winner will receive:
- Monthly mentoring session for a whole year from business experts and successful entrepreneurs
- Complete access to Outset Online award-winning start-up platform
- Publicity on the WeHubs website and all consortium partner websites across Europe
- Feature in WeHubs European newsletter
- Publicity on the Startup Europe website
- Featured Woman of the Week in Enterprising Women newsletter
- Two hour business plan review session pre-financing
Intellectual property rights:
All entries and submitted material are the property of the proposers.