European Social Innovation Competition
The Competition invites people to come up with new solutions to social or societal issues and to create growth and jobs. Launched in memory of a social innovator Diogo Vasconcelos, the competition helps participants bring their ideas to life and further develop them in the Social Innovation Academy. The competition has been running for the last two years.
The 2015 edition will be launched in Gdansk on 23 March 2015, on the theme 'New Ways to Grow'. See agenda.
Based around the theme 'New Ways to Grow' the competition aims to support inviduals and organisations with entrepreneurial, game changing ideas for social innovation projects.
So, if you have a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself! Seize the opportunity to receive valuable support and maybe even win a € 50 000 prize!
The Competition launched on 23rd March in Gdansk, Poland.
The Competition invites Europeans to come up with game changing ideas that can advance Europe’s growth model, for example:
- Challenge the assumptions upon which economic growth is usually conceived (e.g. the trend for sharing and collaborative economy);
- Question supply chain, production and delivery modes, or use of mainstream products or services (e.g. circular economy);
- Conceive new technologies or propose smarter use of existing technologies for the benefit of society (e.g. internet of things or 3D-printing);
- Generate new solutions and approaches for societal challenges of today and the future.
What’s in it for you?
The competition gives participants a chance to:
- develop a great idea;
- bring more legitimacy to their work;
- make their solution accessible to more people.
The award- the three winning projects will be awarded financial support of EUR 50 000.
Who can apply
The Competition is open to everyone (individuals or legal entities except public administrations) resident in EU Member States and countries participating in the Horizon 2020 programme.
Ideas are sought from all sources and sectors, and all types of organisations including for-profit, non-for-profit, or private companies. At the same time, newcomers and self-starters who want to explore social innovation are also invited to apply!
- All Businesses
- All Business Statuses
- All Business Sizes
- All Business Types