Innovation Convention 2011
This first edition of the Innovation Convention will be opened by President Barroso one year after the adoption of the Innovation Union flagship initiative, the EU's roadmap to turn Europe into a more innovation-friendly and competitive continent.
Research and innovation are the main motors for sustainable job creation and the only way to achieve a sustainable exit from the current economic crisis. This conference will bring together world leading experts in research and innovation to share their views on building a global innovation economy.
Speakers will include:
- Don Tapscott, Chairman of Moxie Insight (Canada), and co-author of 'Macrowikinomics: Rebooting Business and the World'
- Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman of Google (USA)
- Professor Brian Cox, particle physicist and well known BBC science broadcaster (UK)
- Claudie Haigneré, former astronaut and President of Universcience (FR)
- Professor Henry Chesbrough, Centre for Open Innovation (USA)
- Sam Pitroda, entrepreneur and advisor to the Prime Minister of India on innovation
- Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist, former Professor of the Public Understanding of Science and author of several books, including ' The God Delusion' (UK)
- Silvia Venturini Fendi, fashion designer (IT)
- Michael O'Leary, CEO, Ryanair (IE)
Participation is free of charge but registration is required.
The event will be webstreamed live on http://webcast.ec.europa.eu